Tuesday, October 25, 2011

BMW Maintanence?

Okay, I own a shop, and I don't believe in 15k mile oil changes and all that junk.



I'm considering buying an 06' M3, and would like to ask the enthusiasts or the owners of BMW's, how is maintanence?



As a mechanic, I try to do everything extremely before it's %26quot;recommended.%26quot; Oil changes, 3k mi no more, coolant flush, 30k mi no more.



Basically, how affordable and how extensive of work are BMW's? I want a daily driver that's reliable but simple enough where I can do everything at my shop or in my driveway. Brakes, simple, belt change, simple, everything else seems to confuse me.



Also, what are the service intervals like for this car?BMW Maintanence?All BMWs have 50K miles of recommended service included. Combined with the warranty, that means that you won't pay out of pocket for anything but service above and beyond BMW's recommendations. The recommended service interval for M3s is 15K miles, so I tend to do an oil change in between. M3s use what is basically synthetic racing engine oil, so 5000 to 7500 miles between changes is normal use. As far as maintenance, there's also a complete fluid change after the initial break in period (1200 miles) that dealers may or may not know about.



M3s use Castrol 10W 60 (about 6 qts), so oil changes are not cheap. Everything else is relatively reasonable. I use mine as a daily driver and haven't had any issues. That said, when you have an engine as finely tuned as the S54, you accept some, shall we say, quirkiness.



One other point - the allocation for e46 M3s is gone, so if you haven't placed an order yet, you'll probably have to wait for the e90 in 2007/8.BMW Maintanence?%26quot;BMW maintenance?%26quot; I`m allergic on dumb Yahoo! questions.BMW Maintanence?Hi, i have one. I have had it for about 3 years. No probs at all really. They have computers, so a light will come on and i take it to my dad and he plugs his computer into it and my little baby tells my dads computer what is up! They don't have belts, they have chains which don't get changed like the belts do. I drive mine about 250 miles a week and have only done the servicing and had a new rad. The rad was because a stone went through it! Even the dealerships aren't that bad, i bought 2 wiper blades and they cost about 12 i think for both, and they fitted them for me (that might have been coz i am a girl!) They are really reliable and not really expensive to run. Get one they are great!BMW Maintanence?BMW parts are expensive. If you are willing to use aftermarket parts you can save some money there. If you like to change vehicles for the sake of change your resale will be better if all work is done at certified garage %26amp; all paper work is kept. If you want daily driver why are you looking at a vehicle with so much horsepower? Do you drive to work on a race course? The M3 is a model my husband has been admiring for years. He has decided it's too much $ for his purposes %26amp; has settled for a 3 series. I think he will remain a BMW car driver for always though as he LOVES the way the car drives/performs.

Service intervals are about the same as all others. Check with the dealer, some new vehicles include the service work up to 60,000 miles %26amp; then you are on your own. Hope this helpsBMW Maintanence?From one mechanic to another Most BMW are friendly to work on accept the starter motor i just change on a V-12 but all and all they actually pretty mechanic friendly and brakes drive shafts muffler hangers all well designed and come apart on the V12 batter location is behind the passenger and has its own like role cage around it very well protected from any impact es, these smaller classes are just fine belts hoses water pumps , brakes and all general servicing is fast and simple motor work is a different story but you'll be OK good luck on your purchase they have timing chains but they have serpentine fan belts, some have both rubber serpentine belts and V belts on the same motor all depends what you buy girl above me thinks they don't have rubber belts she means timing chainsBMW Maintanence?If you are a mechanic, then why in the world would you want to change synthetic oil at 3000 miles? Come on now.BMW Maintanence?www.google.comBMW Maintanence?I have had my X5 for 3 years now, I drive ALOT, have a tendency to drive fast, and have been told that I can be hard on a car....(ooops), but I have had no problems with it. With any high end vehicle though, you never want to scrimp or cut corners (you know that).......always using BMW parts, running on Supreme not Regular gasoline, changing essential fluids regularly etc....My husband is able attend to the basics and doesn't cuss as much as he does when working on my mom's toyota!!(lol)...Anyway with your knowledge of automobiles, you'll sail through most (if not all)of the maintainence......BMWs really are a quality ride!BMW Maintanence?You own your own shop but want to do work in your driveway???



Is it a furniture or candy shop???



As a mechanic%26quot; nothing on these cars should confuse you.



come on tell us the truth, youre in 8th grade right.