Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?

I know that your not supposed to mix them. but my coolant is leaking and i needed more bad. I drive a 97' oldsmobile silloute minivan



But why is it bad to mix the two?

How Long before I need to change\drain it?

What is a likely reason for the leak?

How much will it liekly cost to repair the coolant leak?

After I do drain the coolant should I use the original Orange coolant or can I stick with the green?

And anymore advice on this topic.I mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?don't worry about the mixing the two coolant they gonna fall anyway in less than 24 hours they will be in the road . spuag!!! leaked out.



the reason for leaking is a hole( or puncture)



price goes from 50.00 dollars to 650.00 dollars depdnding on the location of the leak(haed gasket,radiator or a simple hose)



use the original orange.



one more advice in this topic:

repair the leakage as soon as possible You at risk to spoil the engine and/or transmission.( could it be both)I mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?it causes chemical reactions... id flush it when getting the repair..where is it leaking from..simple hose or radeator can b 50 to 150....blown head gasget 500 or moreI mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?The two will clog your heater and radiator. I always flush the new stuff out. To many p[roblems with it eating gaskets. I run regular green antifreeze.I mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?can you fix it yourself ? 1 800 radiator ! no ? take it to a shop that can !I mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?HAVE IT FLUSHED OUT... SOON....IT CAN GEL AND RUIN YOUR WHOLE COOLING SYSTEMI mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?your best bet is to follow the manufacturers instructions on coolant. If you mix the two it should not cause any damage but there is a chance of lessening the amount of freezing protection and the mix might boil at a lower temperature than desired. There are also lubricants in each that may not work too well together so, I would not drain the mix right this minute but monitor the engine for temp's and work the change in whenever you can.I mixed orange and green coolant... how long before I should drain it.?Drain it as soon as you can. The coolant will start to gel and clog things like the small hoses or the heater core and the small passages in the engine.

When you drain it, make sure you flush the system with clean water to get all of the old coolant out.