Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?

My 1993 F-150 5.0L (302ci) V8 runs a little warmer then i would like it to. I often smell a sweet smell near the grill, but theres absolutely NO leaks. So i suspect its just really warm. What can i do to make her run a little cooler? I've already flushed it with new coolant. Im planning on changing the thermostat. What degree should i use to keep it running nice an cool? An what else can i do it keep it cool?How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?I increased the cooling efficiency of my car by far using those methods, perhaps one or all would serve your truck:



1- I increased the size of my radiator, increased cooling surface area, increased cooling efficiency.



2- Using only 10% water and 90% pure coolant. The coolant properties not only are more efficient in increasing cooling efficiency, but also prolongs the life of your cooling system by decreasing water corrosion.



3- Adding an external auxiliary water pump to help with coolant circulation.



4- Adding fender vents so incoming air would go through the radiator and leave the engine room, thus increasing cold air flow through the radiator, and dropping the engine room temp.



5- Adding 2 extra frontal cooling fans to blow against the radiator surface.



Hope those tips help you. Good luck.How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?You're welcome, glad to be of help.

Report Abuse

How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?Make sure the fins on the radiator and the AC evap. coil are clean, and the fan shroud is in place. In the old days I would use a 160 degree thermostat, but now that everything is computer controlled, you can't get by with that, because the engine will run rich or idle too fast. If the cooling system is all in good shape, you may be able to add an electric fan in front of the radiator.How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?Azrael jumped the gun on me,oil cooler is used in towing pkg,for tranny oil,if that the same as what he was saying.Difference between cars n pick ups is larger radiator in trucks;see if its possible to run a 2nd radiator in tandum to 1st radiator,or larger radiator,or put in a electric fan besides one thats already thereHow can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?well your stock thermostat is 190 degree, you can swap out to a 160 or 180. You said you flushed it, thats great, you can also go a step further and add an additive that cools, like Pro-Blend, its only $18. you could also do what I did and install electric fan.



I would check your fan clutch first, it might be going slowly and that would cause temp to rise.



Good luck.How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?you should be running 180 thermosat. there are a few things to take into consideration. like what kind of climate you live in. but if you are smelling a sweet smell you probibly are leaking antifreeze, it could be a really tiny pin hole and being this small the heat will dry it before you see it. the best way to find it is to have it pressure tested. and use a die to find the leak.How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?You can use a 180 or a 195 degree thermostate to make

it run cooler. An electric fan with a thermostate will also

help you.How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?Install an oil cooler.How can i get my truck to run COOLER, 10 points for best answer?put in a lower temp thermostat, replace the clutch fan with a flex fan.