Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to reset the GM message center with aftermarket receiver?

How can I reset various warnings in the message center of my 2000 Monte Carlo without the factory receiver installed. I have a kenwood receiver with this device http://www.crutchfield.com/S-BifYRJOpZNb



When I start my car up it beeps 30-40 times consecutively for low tire pressure, change engine oil, low washer fluid, low coolant level. Before the aftermarket receiver was installed, you would reset these warnings by using the factory receiver. Please help, I can't find the answer to this anywhere.How to reset the GM message center with aftermarket receiver?My wife has an 04 Impala. With it, the owner's manual gives instructions on resetting the change oil chime. It requires having the key on and pressing the accelerator so many times (I think 5) in a matter of so many seconds. I'm pretty certain that yours would advise you of the same thing.



I'd say %26quot;call a dealer%26quot; but that would be useless sometimes as dealerships dont like ppl to change their crappy Delco radios.



You can register to the forums at www.the12volt.com This is a GREAT website that is watched regularly by ppl, including myself. You get answers relatively quickly. Search for it first but if you cant find it, post, just make sure you post in the most appropriate area. Also, here is what looks to be a good website dedicated to monte carlo fans: http://www.montecarloforum.com/ it has a search feature to but you have to be registered to use it and post. I'm willing to bet that it will answer your question.



good luck.