Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Honda Shadow Sabre 1100.......How do I change the coolant?

There appears to be an air bubble in the coolant system preventing it from being topped off. Tried running it, and %26quot;blipping%26quot; the throttle, but I can't get the bubbles out. How else can I get the bubbles out??? Please only serious answers. Thanks! =DHonda Shadow Sabre 1100.......How do I change the coolant?I have had a similar experience with my Mean Streak after changing coolant. All I can suggest; is that if you have no symptom of a problem (ie running hot, coolant loss, etc), do not worry about it. Otherwise, top the rad up as much as possible, squeeze the radiator hose by hand to force the air out (it will push some coolant out, but this doesn't matter) When you release the hose, it will fill with coolant and suck the level down so you can top it up again. Go ride and double check later with cold engine. Good luck!