Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the coolant in my '01 Focus?

I just bought an '01 Ford Focus with the Zetec engine. I just checked the coolant with a hydrometer and it appears the previous owner added only water (all the balls sink). How do I change the coolant? Ford owner's manuals are very skimpy when it comes to DIY service, and so far I haven't found anything on the Internet on how to do this. Thanks in advance to all!How do I change the coolant in my '01 Focus?You can take the lower radiator hose off at the radiator. make sure you have something under the vehicle to catch the old coolant. Reinstall the lower hose when the coolant is done comming out.

fill your radiator with universal coolant (yellowish in color) or Ford Extended life coolant, (also yellowish in color). You have to fill it slowly as air bubbles will come to the top and lower the coolant level. Before installing the radiator cap, run the engine for awhile, this will help to get any air pockets in the system to the top. once you see the coolant starting to flow out the top with no air in it then cap the radiator. drive the car for about 3 miles and pay attention to the temp. let the vehicle cool off and recheck coolant level to make sure it is still full. You may also want to check for leaks b4 doing this, if the old owner was using water the system may have been getting low from a leak.How do I change the coolant in my '01 Focus?Get a Chilton repair manual for your local auto parts store. Every car owner should have one.
  • get online with xbox
  • im thinking of starting a cult
  •