Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How much should a vehicle inspection cost?

My car is making a noise and I檇 like to take it into a repair shop and have the problem pinpointed. Usually when I go in, I have a service in mind (oil change, coolant flush, etc.), but I檝e never gone in not knowing what I want specifically done.



How much should I expect to pay for this inspection?How much should a vehicle inspection cost?No matter were you are in the united states it is a flat fee of $12.00How much should a vehicle inspection cost?Usually they will charge you for an hour of labor, which can be anywhere from $60 to over $100 depending on what kind of car you have and where you're taking it.How much should a vehicle inspection cost?$0



A check should be free but if they take something apart and it ends up being trashed for liability reasons they may not be able to put it back together.How much should a vehicle inspection cost?just to have my 97 Ford Explorer inspected at the dealership it was $89 at an independent shop the charge was $68 soo I'd agree with the above answer.. between 60 and 100



But I also had some things checked at NTB once for free so I guess it depends on what is being checked.How much should a vehicle inspection cost?I don't think you want an %26quot;inspection%26quot;. That's when they check the car to see if there's any common malfunctions. You already have a lead on what's wrong -- there's a noise. They can listen to the noise and figure out pretty quickly where it's coming from, and they'll figure out what the problem is. For that, they're just going to charge you whatever labor costs. If it takes 15 minutes to figure it out and the labor is $60/hour, then it costs $15.



When you drop the car off tell them you just want to know what's wrong, and that they should call you with the details on what it is, and how much it costs to fix. If you decide to get it fixed, you'll get charged for the parts and whatever extra labor is required.How much should a vehicle inspection cost?Well not knowing what is wrong with your car.. I would expect probably around $100 but maybe its just something minor and $50 will do it Good luck Grant M in Pennsylvania