Friday, June 3, 2011

Can't remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?

I was trying to get the radiator plug so i can change my coolant. However, the nuts on the plastic guard look rusty and keep slipping on my socket wrench. Do i need to remove the guard to get to the drain? Also, how can i loosen up these rusted nuts?Can't remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?Wash the rust off and clean the things with a wire brush. One things I'm going to tell you, by draining and filling the radiator you're replacing less than half the coolant. Locate a shop that can do a flush for $60-80. They use a machine and replace 100% of the coolant. New thermostat is recommended after a flush and you can do this yourself. Make sure the overflow tank is clean too, if not take it out and wash it with soap.Can't remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?Need to know what type of vehicle. Most you can remove the bolts with either a smaller socet beat on with a hammer or a vise-grip type pliers.Can't remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?How can a stupid machine flush the engine block and radiator with the thermostat in place and closed ?? Flushing is a rip off and does no good. It does make money for the shop. It may in fact cause more plugging of radiator coolant passages.Can't remove the splash guard to change my coollant.?How about removing the lower radiator hose instead?