Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I change the coolant in my 97 neon/is coolant and antifreeze the same thing?

I noticed my heater would only blow cold air so I decided to Check the coolant and it is completely empty probably not the best way to be driving with no coolant so i m wondering how to fill it up. do i just pour the bottle of coolant in until full do i dilute the coolant how do i do it also is coolant and antifreeze the same thing? If somone could give me a step my step way to do this that would be great im trying to save myself from having to go to a repair shop so any help you can give is appriciated ThnxHow do I change the coolant in my 97 neon/is coolant and antifreeze the same thing?Coolant and anti freeze is the same thing in a modern vehicle. This is a mix of about 50/50 of distilled or deionized water and antifreeze. You can buy it already mixed for you at any auto parts store like auto zone or Kragen etc. If engine is cold you can remove the radiator cap and add your coolant mix to fill radiator then add some to the overflow reservoir to the cold fill line. After filling and running vehicle up to temp for a day you will probably have to add a bit more to overflow reservoir. Should be no need to add directly to radiator. Caution never remove radiator cap when engine is hot as radiator is under pressure and you can get severely burnt.