Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I just bought a used car, and the coolant level is low, how should I change it?

Should I just add more coolant to it or do a flush then add it?

Does it matter if I don't flush it first?I just bought a used car, and the coolant level is low, how should I change it?You can flush it and fill it, or just top it off. Look in the overflow. If the coolant is dark and discolored, I would flush it. Prestone makes a flush and fill kit that is available at auto parts stores, Walmart, and other chains. Easy to do yourself, and cheaper that taking to a mechanic. When filling, be sure your mixture is 50/50 coolant to water.I just bought a used car, and the coolant level is low, how should I change it?fill your coolant to the line on side of header tank,,it will not do any harm ...,,if you empty first you will lose all antifreeze,,so will have to put new mix..could cause airlock probs..just top up and keep eye on level in case you have leak some whereI just bought a used car, and the coolant level is low, how should I change it?http://foryouin.csproject.org

A very informative website you can also get much information in websiteI just bought a used car, and the coolant level is low, how should I change it?You have 2 choices, 1 add fluid and continue to check it. 2 Take it to a Mechanic and have them flush it, they use a machine that does a better job than you would be able to do.I just bought a used car, and the coolant level is low, how should I change it?If you bought it from a dealer, take it back to them and let them do what needs to be done and make sure there isn't a leak,I just bought a used car, and the coolant level is low, how should I change it?If you're not absolutely sure which chemical type is in your car (Ford) either Zerex G-05 or Ford Long Life Gold is the correct type.



If you bought the car used and the coolant is low I'd have it drained, flushed and re-filled. If the coolant had been low have the system pressure tested (inexpensive) to find any leaks. A car as new as yours should not be low on antifreeze.