Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My fans don't work on my 2002 VW Jetta GLX?

My radiator fans don't work on my Jetta.

I've checked the fuses and all is well, the dealer changed the coolant recently due to overheating and vacumed the system. The water pump is working finr and the thermostat seems to also be working.

The dealer said it was a bad fuse origionaly but they still don't work.

I have a feeling that it is the fan switch located on the radiator. How do I check this to see if it is the problem or what else could it be?My fans don't work on my 2002 VW Jetta GLX?You can measure the resistance when hot and cold.

Contact the dealer and asked them what is the normal range to see if it is defective.My fans don't work on my 2002 VW Jetta GLX?Bypass the fan switch. run a twelve volt source directly to the fan. If it runs its the switch.