Friday, September 23, 2011

How easy is it to change a head gasket on a Rover 820 Turbo (Vitesse)?

I have a Rover 820 Vitesse Turbo N reg (1996), I know the head gasket is gone as i am getting severe water loss and oil in my coolant.

I am quite good at repairing things but when it comes to cars i am quite weiry. Can some one please give me a guide on how to fit a new head gasket and where to get a new one for my engine. Will i need new head bolts?

I have tried the so called miracle repair liquids but they did not work at all.

I really like my car so do not wish to get rid of it. Also i do not wish to pay a garage hundreds of pounds.



Any help will be very much appreciated.How easy is it to change a head gasket on a Rover 820 Turbo (Vitesse)?Mmm



I would suggest that you do get this done professionally if you are not experienced.

The main issue will be the right parts and the right tourqe settings.

If you get this wrong the gasket will not work.

Check out the procedure (or a similar one) in Haynes manual from your local library to see what I mean.

This will specify the parts and procedure.

You may need special tools to do the job.

Allthough these may be a bent screwdriver and a funny shaped spanner they may make the job possible.

Get a couple of quotes for the work if you do get a garage to do it.

I think Nationwide will do a fixed cost priced job if you don't like surprises.



Good Luck !
  • permanent rash
  • speakers wont work
  •