Monday, September 19, 2011

2002 escalade,low coolant sensor light on?

the truck just came back from being serviced with $1500 worth of work and the low coolant light is now coming on. Had it checked at oil place, plenty of coolant/full. How can someone change their own sensor? Does this sound like a bad sensor? Is there anywhere to find a pic of where this sensor is located and how to change?

I really hate this truck and am stuck with it for another year. I've had 1 problem after another! Please let me know how we can fix this ourselves...I would hate to pay them again another large amount for nothing. Very frustrated2002 escalade,low coolant sensor light on?Look in the overflow jug for this sensor or on the radiator. Normally you can just unplug it and plug it back in and the light resets itself, if your lucky. In all my years, I have only replaced one or two. rarely go bad.2002 escalade,low coolant sensor light on?You can get all the info you need to replace it at alldatapro dot com. It sounds like the sensor as it's located in the coolant overflow tank. Have someone turn the key on and sit in the truck while you take a small hammer and Gently tap the sensor so the light goes out.2002 escalade,low coolant sensor light on?I would verify for myself that the coolant is full in the radiator and at proper level in the overflow tank.