Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?

Well, my car is an 01 and it has 100k on it and a couple of weeks ago it started to make a loud vibrating noise everytime I turn my steering wheel to the left while driving over 25mph. I can sometimes feel it through my accelerator and it seems to get louder the faster I go. I plan to take it in asap, but I would love a little preview so I know what and how much to expect. And, if it helps, I know I have plenty of power steering fluid although I am due to get my coolant changed soon.My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?it must have cavalieritis,My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?Sounds like it's either the wheel bearing or your CV (Constant Velocity) joint is toast. Either one is going to cost around $300 to repair/replace. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?Maybe your car is out of alignment. That's what it sounds like to me.My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?Sounds like you have a front hub bearing going out.They will make a noise and viberate when going bad.Best of luck with your cavalier.My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?if you turn to the left it puts pressure on the RIGHT wheel bearing.i put wheel hub bearings on my daughter's '01 cavalier...but it also made a roaring noise driving down the highway,like a humming vibration type noise.possible right hub bearing assembly.once the person gets it off,they'll know by turning it in their hands.My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?check tires psi,choped or shifted belt

or a bad wheel bearingMy Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?Yep...their all right (above)its going to cost 300-400 and maybe a wheel alignment.My Chevy cavalier makes a vibrating noise while turning left, can someone give me an idea as to what it is?we have our own mechanic's garage...............either wheel bearing or cv joint is going out. my daughters 2000 cavalier did the same thing and it was the cv joint, it too had around 100k miles on it. a little common in that particular car..............the part cost me about 90.00 and labor was 60.00 an hour and took about 2 hours but it will be cheaper on you if you get the part yourself, there will always be a markup if the shop gets it, but the flip side of that is if you get the part yourself most shops wont guarantee it if they don't get it for you....good luck